David Sorin, JD
David has thirty years of experience as a licensed attorney in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. His primary areas of practice have included civil litigation, contracts and employment law. He has taken a special interest in working with startup and entrepreneurial companies to assist them in growth, risk management and proper operational steps. David is an entrepreneur himself, having successfully started and operated several businesses.
A strong communicator, David has been a speaker at a variety of national conferences and conventions over the last fifteen years. He has also been a guest lecturer at several colleges and universities, including the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. His communication skills extend to writing, and he has written numerous magazine and journal articles, as well as a legal and business book published by Wiley in 2003.
David has consulted with a number of organizations on strategic thinking and planning, business practices and operational issues. His expertise extends to work with Boards and executive teams, facilitating them in developing vision, mission, values, ethics, culture and strategy.
He is one of the founders of the Managing Partner Development Institute, an organization established to educate and develop the managing partners of smal and medium size law firms.
David believes in doing the right thing and doing things the right way. He is results oriented, but always likes to attain the results through group motivation.
Areas of Expertise
- Leadership Development
- Executive Coaching
- Strategic Thinking
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Communication and Presentation
- Ethics and Culture
- Decision Making
- Executive Retreats
- Conceived and started an industry trade association
- Served as the International President of a fast-growing professional association
- Developed an industry wide code of ethics and ethics grievance procedure
- One of the first 24 people in the Special Events industry to achieve the designation of Certified Special Events Professional
- Chosen to project manage the technical aspects of Presidential Inaugural events in 1993, 1997, 2001
- Gained government approval of an internet-based CME program in the Peoples Republic of China
- Certified in Facilitation
- Partner in Managing Partner Development Institute (www.managingpartnerinstitute.org)
Laura R. Novakowski, RN, MBA, NHA
Laura has an extensive background in healthcare leadership in both the acute and post acute arena. From the onset of her career, she has been highly involved in the strategy and implementation phases for hospital, unit and program start-ups, organizational turn-a-rounds. During this time, she has enhanced her expertise with innovative processes and strategies to navigate with executive, interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary teams through change successfully, Using a facilitative style, Laura helps organizations to achieve their key business objectives in terms of strong financial viability, extraordinary quality and customer service and outstanding leadership.
Laura is often described as collaborative, high impact, high energy, creative, and inspiring. Her passion is infectious as she works people to think globally and act locally. She serves on several boards, such as the PA Alzheimer’s State Board. Also, she serves as faculty at Marywood University. Achieving outstanding results and building “win-win” cultures have been contributing factors her clients’ success. “Under promise and over deliver” is her motto.
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic Thinking & Business Planning
- Executive Team Retreats
- Team Building
- Cultural Re-alignment
- Facilitates executive team challenges resulting in organizational realignment
- Mentors executives and middle managers to focus on achieving improved outcomes and leverage strengths and credentials
- Partners with universities and colleges to deliver processes and programs that enhance the wellness of organizations and communities
- Partners with organizations in preparing for successful for JACHO and Regulatory surveys
- Introduces new concepts to leaders and team members for innovatively approaching challenges within the organization
- Speaks nationally on leadership challenges
Lynn Helmer, MD, FACP, MBA, FACPE
Lynn has an extensive background in clinical internal medicine, encompassing 10 years in private practice, followed by several years in a clinician educator role. During this time, she developed and enhanced her skills and interest in performance improvement, clinical quality initiatives, patient safety and clinical trials. She subsequently moved to a career in medical leadership, simultaneously working and completing and executive MBA program, as well as becoming qualified in Managed Care Medicine and Quality assurance/utilization review. A brief stint in an insurance company gave Lynn a perspective which proved quite useful in dealing with insurers from the provider side.
Lynn is collaborative, organized, energetic, friendly and creative. She enjoys working with multidisciplinary teams on challenging projects and has a history of facilitating cost effective solutions to difficult problems. She effectively motivates her team, and is aggressive in pursing educational opportunities for her team members. This strategy has resulted in enhanced business results, as well as improved morale and high retention of desired employees.
Lynn has experience working with law firms in developing strategies to improve quality and results. She has recently become certified as an Examiner in the Malcolm Baldrige Quality Awards Program.
Areas of Expertise
- Physician Performance Management
- Medical Staff Development
- Traditional Medical Affairs disciplines
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- Patient Safety
- Team Building
- Conflict Resolution
- Supported JCAHO preparations with highly successful surveys at multiple facilities
- Facilitated Case Management departmental reorganization with resultant LOS improvements
- Partnered with ACPE to deliver physician leadership education for medical staff members
- Mentored individual medical staff leaders to improve their effectiveness in their roles
- Implemented new processes to support the delivery of preventive services to out patient populations
- Supported multidisciplinary teams in the development of quality initiatives to improve delivery of health care services to inpatients, including antibiotic and infection control practices.
We collaborate with a diverse group of subject matter experts to supplement our services so that we can provide turn-key solutions to client issues.