Management Mpowerment Associates focuses on innovation as a key organizational competency. Innovation should not and does not reside within a particular position within an organization, but should be viewed as a competency that all can have.
The goals and objectives of our Innovation Injection Process™ are to:
- Clarify organizational vision and values in support of innovation.
- Define those behaviors that are both necessary and acceptable in creation of an environment of innovation.
- Establish practices and procedures that reward innovation.
- Determine where organizational support is required to build products and services from ideas.
Our process is designed for groups within an organization that include the executive team, human resources and as many other key employees as are practical for the organization.
We use our own Organizational Innovation Survey to determine the individual employee perception of the innovation climate. We then utilize our Innovation Injection Process™ to:
- Facilitate and evaluate organizational vision and values.
- Discuss those values that enhance innovation and those which do not.
- Facilitate the development of the key values and the behaviors that support them.
- Create a reward system based on the desired characteristics.
- Create a means to measure.
- Set results-oriented goals.
Thinking outside of the box should be an organizational, not individual competency. Owners and executives should be encouraging creative thinking, brainstorming and new ideas. Sacred cows need to be re-examined, as success in the 21st century, with new generations of diverse workers, may depend on new approaches. DOn’t be left behind.